* Bundesliga: Borussia Moenchengladbach vs. Cologne took place on March 11 without fans. SC Freiburg vs. RB Leipzig and Schalke 04 vs. Borussia Dortmund were also played in empty stadiums both on March 14.
* Ligue 1: PSG vs. RC Strasbourg was postponed. All Ligue 1 and Ligue 2 matches until April 15 are going to be played without fans.
* The Copa del Rey final of Spain between Real Sociedad and Athletic Bilbao planned for April 18 in Seville was postponed.
* New seasons in the Chinese, South Korean, and Japanese professional leagues have all been postponed.
* The first two qualifying games of Brazil for the 2022 FIFA World Cup – against Bolivia (on March 27) and Peru (on March 31) – have been postponed.
* A four-team international event in Doha, including Portugal, Croatia, Switzerland, and Belgium from March 26 to 30 has been canceled.
* An international friendly between Italy and Germany (on March 31) in Nuremberg will be played without fans.
* Tickets are not being sold for the UEFA Euro 2020 qualifying playoff semi-finals between Bosnia and Northern Ireland and Bulgaria and Hungary.
* Asian Champions League: Matches featuring Chinese clubs Shanghai Shenhua, Shanghai SIPG, and Guangzhou Evergrande have been postponed. The knockout rounds were moved back to start in September.
* Euroleague Basketball has suspended all 2019-2020 EuroCup, EuroLeague, and Euroleague Next Generation Tournament games till further notice.
* The Bahrain Grand Prix will take place on March 22 without fans.
* The McLaren Racing team withdrew from the Australian Grand Prix after a member tested positive and the race has been called off.
* Four rounds of the MotoGP season in Thailand, Qatar, Argentina, and Texas will not go ahead as planned.
* NASCAR races at the Atlanta Motor Speedway (on March 15) and Homestead-Miami Speedway (on March 22) will be held without spectators.